Configure your personal computer to send and receive information using the Inmarsat IsatPhone Pro as a Modem with Windows Vista.
Install the USB Drivers
1. Obtain the USB Drivers from SatCom website on http://www.satcomgroup.com/support/?article=1020
2. Extracted to a well known location e.g. C:
3. Plug the USB cable from the handset to the PC.
4. When the “Found New Hardware Wizard” find the handset select “Locate and install drivers (recommended)
5. It will automatically search for the drivers
6. Select “Install this driver software anyway” for the windows security driver installer
7. Lastly click Close
Install the Modem
1. Close all applications.
2. Choose Start > Control Panel.
3. Double click on Phone and Modem Options.
4. Select the Modems tab, identify the “IsatPhone Pro 1.0 Modem.
5. Double click the above Modem
6. Select the “Advance” tab
7. Enter “&FE0&D2” in the Extra Settings box.
8. Select Apply > OK
Configure Dial-Up Networking
1. Choose Start > Control Panel Double Click on Network and Sharing Center.
2. Click Set Up a Connection or Network.
3. Choose Connect to the Internet. Click Next>.
4. Choose Set up a new connection anyway.
5. Choose IsatPhone Pro 1.0 Modem. Click Next >
6. In the Dial Up Phone Number field, type: 28
7. User Name and Password INMARSAT, In the Connection Name field create an appropriate name for the connection (e.g. IsatPhone Data).
8. Click Connect then Skip and choose Set Up The Connection Anyway.
9. Return to the Network and Sharing Centre and choose Change Adaptor settings (upper left)
10. The Connection will be called what you named the connection is step 7.
11. Double click the connection and select properties.
12. Select Configure on the Isat modem
13. Make sure the Maximum speed (bps) is set to 2400
14. Check all 3 hardware features. Then click OK.