Configure your personal computer to send and receive information using the Inmarsat IsatPhone Pro as a Modem with Windows XP
Install the USB Drivers
1. Obtain the USB Drivers from SatCom website on http://www.satcomgroup.com/support/?article=1020
2. Extracted to a well known location e.g. C:
3. Plug the USB cable from the handset to the PC.
4. When the “Found New Hardware Wizard” find the handset select “Locate and install drivers (recommended)
5. It will automatically search for the drivers
6. Select “Install this driver software anyway” for the windows security driver installer
7. Lastly click Close
To define your phone as a modem:
1. Close all applications.
2. Choose Start > Control Panel.
3. Double click on Phone and Modem Options.
4. Select the Modems tab, identify the “IsatPhone Pro 1.0 Modem.
5. Double click the above Modem
6. Select the “Advance” tab
7. Enter “&FE0&D2” in the Extra Settings box.
8. Select Apply > OK
To create the dial-up connection:
1. Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories > Communications > Network Connections.
2. Click “Create a new connection”.
3. Click Next>.
4. Select “Connect to the Internet” and click Next>.
5. Select “Set up my connection manually” and click Next>.
6. Select “Connect using a dial-up modem” and click Next>.
7. If a “Select a Device” window appears, check the box next to “IsatPhone Pro 1.0 Modem”, and uncheck all other devices. Click Next>.
8. Enter a connection name (e.g., “Isat Dial up”) and click Next>.
9. In the Phone Number box, enter 28 and click Next>.
10. If using XP Professional Edition, a window may appear to select either “Anyone’s use” or “My use only”. Choose either selection and click Next>.
11. A username and password are both INMARSAT. Click Next>.
12. Click Finish
13. Click Properties.
14. Click the Networking tab.
15. Click OK.
16. Close the connection box.