Direct Internet 2.0.2 software - Direct Internet is not compatible with Windows 7. Please follow all steps below to Create Modem and Dial-Up Connection:.
Connect the USB cable from the 9555 to the PC. Your computer will recognize the device and a found hardware menu will pop up. Check the box for “No, not this time” and click next. Now choose “Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) and click next. Select the button for “Search for the best driver in these locations” and check the box for “Include this location in the search:” Click browse and point to the INF file that you copied to your desktop or where ever you have: (HT10001toolswindows_usbVCOMPORT). The wizard will automatically install the software. You may get a warning that this driver has not passed Windows logo testing, select “Continue Anyway”.
The Modem will be created first:
1 Press Windows logo on bottom in left hand corner.
2 Click control panel and then Phone and modem options.
3 Choose modem tab and press add.
4 Check don’t detect my devices, I will select from a list and click next.
5 Await the standard modem options to eventually pop up. This may take a moment so please be patient. Select standard modem on the left and on the right choose Standard 19200 bps modem.
6 Now you will have to choose the same COM port that the USB to Serial converter was installed on. Go to: Control PanelAll Control Panel ItemsSystem then choose Device Manager. In the Device Manager open the Ports branch and look for Iridium USB Serial Port and use the Com Port that is listed then Click next.
7 Click finish and press ok on phone and modem options screen.
We can now move on to creating the network connection.
1. Click Network and Sharing Center
2. On left, choose setup a connection or network.
3. Choose setup a dial up connection.
4. Dial up number will be 008816000025. Username and Password can be made left blank. The connection name should be whatever you find to identify this connection such as Iridium. Click on (Connect) and then click on (Skip) when the connection is dialing. Choose setup a connection anyway.
5. On left choose manage connections and click the correct labeled network connection and choose dial.
The Modem and Network connection have now been created.
If this setup will not work reboot the computer and retry.
If the problem persists remove the created modem and network connection and restart the process over again.
Ensure that the unit has a steady signal and that there are no loose connections between the terminal and your PC.